UK Health Security Agency - Supporting health care during the COVID-19 pandemic
UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) is an executive agency of the Department of Health and Social Care. It is a government agency responsible for public health protection and managing the impact of infectious diseases and other health threats. It provides intellectual, scientific, and operational leadership at both national and local levels.
In response to supporting health care during the COVID-19 pandemic, UKHSA was required to work with a significant number of new private service providers, who would be providing products and services to support the fight against COVID-19. Private service providers needed to be engaged and on-boarded quickly via a pre-agreed rigorous process.
To support this process, UKHSA needed to recruit and on-board 14 specialists with project support and project governance skills within four weeks. The timeframe and the volume required were a challenge, with significant ramifications if the team was not set up in the timeframe.
Jumar had already established a strong working relationship with the UKHSA Programme Director and demonstrated the desired skills and expertise to become the exclusive recruitment partner to fulfil this engagement in 2022. The recruitment was to be completed under the RM6160 framework, a non-clinical framework for contractors with the provision of temporary and fixed-term staff across all IT disciplines within NHS contracting authorities and the wider public sector.
As a result, Jumar was engaged to source, select, and deploy the team. To achieve success, Jumar deployed a Client Service Director who managed the relationship and approved the proposed candidates. This was supported by input from the Head of Project Management (an employee of Jumar) who helped assess candidate ability, and two Talent Acquisition Consultants who sourced candidates, gaining interest and creating a longlist for the Client Service Director and Head of Project Management to review.
Jumar’s Project Management ‘hot list’ proved invaluable in creating the initial long list, with 32 candidates showing interest from the hot list within 48 hours of the requirements being signed off.
- Jumar resourced and deployed all 14 project support candidates within four weeks
- Jumar met all the objectives set by UKHSA in completing the recruitment and onboarding of the project support team
- The team played an integral role in establishing processes, providing guidance and day-to-day management to deliver an API Diagnostic Results Reporting project
- Jumar helped UKSHA to meet its objectives by managing and onboarding third-party suppliers providing products and services
- All original resources stayed for the duration of the engagement, demonstrating the quality of the recruitment and ‘good fit’ delivered by the process
Find out more reasons why you should pick Jumar for your business recruitment.